Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Green prawns fry

Green Prawn Fry - Prawns mixed in a green sauce and shallow fried.

Prawns are my favorite kind of seafood - No bones and easy cleaning. I learnt to clean prawn myself only after I really had to. Back in Chennai it is usually cleaned in the fish market. It was the same picking up the pre packed cleaned ones in supermarkets. In London, however, I sort of felt it was a bit off-taste in the prepacked ones. I sort of felt it lacked flavor. In Leeds market, the prawns come as cleaned or with shell and I think both taste yumm. 

Here is a slight tweak to the usual prawn recipes. 

Do try and let me know!

Ingredients:

Prawn - Cleaned, shell removed - 200 gms
Green Chillies - 3
Pudina - half a bunch
coriander leaves - half a bunch
corn flour - 1 tbsp
Sombu - 1 tsp
Curry leaves to taste
oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste

Method:

  1. Make a paste of Mint leaves (pudina), green chillies, coriander leaves, few curry leaves
  2. Add cleaned prawn, one tablespoon corn flour and mix well
  3. Let it marinate for 10 minutes
  4. In a kadai heat oil and sombu and curry leaves
  5. Add marinated prawns and let them curl
  6. Serve hot!
My notes:

You could also grill this prawn recipe. Sometimes, I add onions, capsicum as well along, marinate, and grill them in skewers.



No comments:

Post a Comment